There are other ways besides blogging, standing on soap boxes, excommunicating, sentencing to death, and public shaming, to vent your frustrations at the powers that be. In fact there is a medium that can be far more personal, honest, and direct at expressing your opinions than the above mentioned. 4anime
It can be achieved through the humanitarian arts. It is drawing political cartoons. If you like drawing but you have never ventured onto the path of the political cartoonist fear not you need not be an old hand to try it. Anyone in any field of the arts can make political cartoons. The only catch is that you have to be able to draw.
The first thing you need to do if do decide that you want to give drawing political cartoons a try is to think of anything in the history of politics that you found funny, upsetting, or unfair. Basically since most political cartoons have a subject you need to think of anything that interests you to comment on.
In order to give an accurate representation of the subject that you choose you need to think of special details about the subject that you wish to portray. Here are some tips for drawing your cartoons:
– You need to think of how the person looks so that you can draw them.
– You also need to think about what particular event or characteristic you want to highlight.
– The nuances of facial features in people really stands out in cartoons.
– You can draw caricatures of your subjects as well. The details which go into making a political cartoon are really astounding.
– Words in cartoons can be important as well. They can add clarity and insight as to how the cartoonist feels about the subject. Words can be integrated into the cartoon or they can act as captions.
– Allegories, can also be of use in cartoons.
If you need help with coming up with ideas try researching the key phrase “editorial cartoons” in any internet search engine. A lot of examples of editorial cartoons are editorials in publications and they are mostly satire, and meant to make fun of or criticize the subject. One such example is the great political satirist William Hogarth who was a painter and engraver.